I have quite a few, actually, so if you'll indulge me I shall shamelessly post them and perhaps make you feel a little more normal in the process.
- I can't wear black shoes with light-coloured jeans or pants. In fact, I can't wear black shoes with anything other than black or dark colours unless I have something else black in the outfit to "anchor" it.
- On that note, I have to have some matching colours in my outfit. Call me old-fashioned, but I love it when shoes and bags or belts match, it creates a uniform, peaceful feel to me. But even if it's not possible for that, I will at least try and match my earrings to a colour in the shirt or my tights to my bag or whatever. If nothing goes with anything, it causes a sort of trepidation in my heart.
- Goes without saying but I can't do baggy tops with baggy bottoms without some sort of belt anchoring it all in (ie babydoll top + full skirt = aw hail no!)
-I'm very particular about my pant lengths. If the hem doesn't hit/cover the shoe in the perfect way, I can't wear them. This drives me nuts when I see it in other people, the women with their work pants that are too short for their heels. UGH.
- I won't wear silver and gold jewelry together (unless it's like earrings that's both). I can't wear silver necklace with a gold bracelet, for example. ACK!
- I won't wear underwear that has sides that dig in even slightly. I can't stand that mound of fat that pooches out on the sides...no matter how thin you are!
- On that note, I have supreme muffin top phobia and won't wear jeans that dig even slightly into my waist (unless they are a higher rise, and even then...)
- For the most part, I won't wear a big necklace with big earrings. It's all about balance.
-I stick to the same eyeshadow colours...I went to school for Film and TV Makeup back in 2000, and it was fun to play around back then, but I tend to stick to the same look now. Aside from the occasional blue or green or purple eyeshadow, I play it safe.
- I don't like black bags - aside from a clutch I have, I don't own any. Too stark. It kinda causes a problem when I try and match my black shoes to my bag though, so maybe I should look into that...
- I have a problem paying over $50 for a non-leather bag unless it's really cool or really good quality "vegan" leather, like my Mat and Nat bag.
-I don't own a pair of shorts. I should but my legs just aren't made for them. Though if I saw a silk pair of mid-thigh or knee-length, I would snap them up. Those Chloe Scallop ones that have been hitting the airwaves are so sweet.
-I get mad when people buy the same clothes as me - at least when it's people I will see often. A girl did this when we were in college, I loved her to bits but we had be careful about wearing it on certain days! I don't remember what shirt it was though, so obviously it wasn't that big of a deal.
-I will only buy basics at stores like H&M...basics allow you to make it your own, while as really stand-out pieces just advertise to the world "I bought this at H&M and so did that girl, and that girl, and that girl..."
- For as long as I can remember, I have to wear matching bra and underwear. Even when I was single, if I had on a yellow bra, I could only wear yellow underwear. Makes you feel put together underneath (and men like it too!)
- I take very good care of my skin and body (I hope) but my nails are always neglected :(
- I've never bought anything at Mariposa... or The Gap, for that matter. The latter will change though because I am in love with their shoes lately!
-I can't stand people that look like this (aka a Douchette):
And the men that go with it (my apologies if I have inadvertently drawn you!)
So those are my quirks, though I'm sure I have more...let's hear yours!
Oh btw, I got these pants from Victoria's secret and I can't stop wearing them. In fact, because the price was so right ($29!), I bought another pair in a deeper khaki colour and at a shorter hem length so I can wear them with flats (re: my quirk above). They are the perfect lightweight summer pants.
Pants: VS; Bag: Chinese Laundry; Necklace: ASOS; Top: H&M
Pants: VS; Corset peasant top: 3.1 Philip Lim; Cardigan: Missoni; Wedges: Michael Kors