While people have guessed from ass-wiping/accounting to nude lion taming to stripping, you are all off base (except for the lion taming thing). And until someone decides to hit it closer on the head, I'm just going to keep you guessing.
Today was my first day at work and it seems like a real blast, so far. Completely unlike anything I have ever done, in a place unlike any I have ever seen. Although the job part of it hasn't started yet, today was still quite full-on with lots of training. I really can't wait for next week when I can really sink my teeth into it. I wasn't the only person hired on for this, there were about 24 other temps, all looking bewildered at where they were. Some were from New Zealand, Australia, Ireland...and not all were as big _______ as I thought. But there were 19 guys and only 5 girls (including me).
Here are some interesting facts about where I work:
-The building I work in is amazing. And new. And cost 54 MILLION DOLLARS to build. And it shows.
- There are 1500 employees from all over the globe who work in the building.
- The security is just about as high as Fort Knox. Your security passes aren't cleared for all areas and you have to be swiped through several checkpoints before you can get anywhere.
- You have to sign a confidentiality agreement. In fact, I'm not allowed to go into detail about what I have been "working on."
- There are several Starbuck's in my work (great for break time, or when falling asleep at the computer).
- The Break Room has a free video game arcade and pool table
- The Cafeteria is huge and state-of-the-art and the food is AMAZING (mmm bento box).
- My company's net revenue for 2006 so far is 2.9 BILLION DOLLARS.
- My company is the number one _____ in the whole world, by a large margin.
- Where I work is the largest ______ in North America
- Where I work has a movie theatre, a soccer field, an indoor gymnasium, fitness classes, a spa, basketball courts etc.
And the good thing is, the commute isn't any longer than the trip I was making to the North Shore. So there you have it. Day One and I think I'm off to a good start. Don't really know what I'm doing, but hey, the fact that what I do is going to make me a very wanted women in some circles, makes it all the more worthwhile. Mwahaha.