Darkhouse on Goodreads
Red Fox on Goodreads
Dead Sky Morning on Goodreads
The Benson on Goodreads
Lying Season on Goodreads
On Demon Wings on Goodreads
Old Blood on Goodreads
Into the Hollow on Goodreads


Saturday, March 14, 2009

Inspired By: The Eagles



I'm not going to go on about The Eagles like I did about Coldplay last week, but suffice to say that this band brings about a "Peaceful, easy feeling" when I think about them. It reminds me - like Dire Straights did - of growing up on the boat, salt wind in my hair, wishing I could be sipping "pink champagne on ice" at the Hotel California. It also provided excellent road during a runaway situation from Mildura, Victoria to Queensland (in Australia) with "Life in the fast lane" blaring from the dusty speakers as we escaped from Vineyard slavedriver (loooong story).

Yep, The Eagles. "Come on baby, don't say maybe - I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me."

Anyhoo when I got dressed in tribute to The Eagles, I thought it had to be something 70's and something all-American. My newly re-heeled boots, preppy shirt and faux-fur number equaled that. I continued to wear the outfit all the way to the theatre where we saw The Watchmen (awesome film, I read the novel before and my boyfriend had been counting down the years till the film, literally - these types of dark action/supernatural films are my favourite. I also saw X-Men 5 times in the theatre so I guess that's the kinda person I am!) - anyway, I felt sorta Kate Hudson in Almost Famous-esque while walking "In the City."

"Somewhere out on that horizon..."












Faux-fur jacket: Target; Striped shirt: Tommy Hilfiger; Necklace, guitar pick earrings and studded belt: ASOS; Jeans: Charlotte Russe; Boots: Liz Claiborne; Bag: Kooba

14 comments:

DaisyChain said...

I love your necklace!

Kass said...

Seeexaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Eyeliah said...

I am a HUGE fan of The Eagles, due to my dad. :-) I have never seen that pond before, gorgeous location!

Anonymous said...

I love the coat and the photos are gorgeous.
Your blog is fabulous, would you like to trade links?

Marian said...

darling loving the faux fuf jacket sweetie!

Cupcake Blonde said...

Awesome outfit and love the necklace. I don't care what you think, you have lost weight and look incredible! :)

Amelia said...

I know way too little about music...

I love the bag and the jacket!

Couture Carrie said...

You look divine! Love the faux fur coat!

xoxox,
CC

Alice X said...

i OVE your bag and avaiators, soo amazing.

alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love this look of yours...the wrap shirt fit you perfectly and the fur coat....swooon.

Your comments are always so nice!! Thanks a lot, i really appreciate them! And Carrie Bradshaw...definitely not a bad thing..SMILES!

xoxo
Stephanie
www.modernantoinette.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

cool photos! great outfit!

Hillary said...

I love the aviators - where are they from?

♥ Marta ♥ said...

Love the eagles and your outfit... so casual, simple and chic :)

Wanderlusting said...

Shanks!

Eyeliah - it's right by "Dog Park" as I call it, on Comox and Bute/Thurlow!

Hillary - The Aviators are actually unknown - they were a free gift with purchase at Shop Suey Boutique - maybe their own brand? They are a bit crooked though lol