Darkhouse on Goodreads
Red Fox on Goodreads
Dead Sky Morning on Goodreads
The Benson on Goodreads
Lying Season on Goodreads
On Demon Wings on Goodreads
Old Blood on Goodreads
Into the Hollow on Goodreads


Friday, October 23, 2009

Dressing for Day of the Dead



OK, so Day of the Dead doesn't actually happen until November 1st but I wasn't about to not wear these shoes until then.

Aren't they gorgeous? They are custom-designed vintage shoes by the same seller who made my Faith No More Angel Dust boots (see here) and you can peruse her Etsy store and make special requests by clicking here.







Dress + Blazer = Forever 21
Necklace = ASOS
Shoes = Scholarly Articles


Hope you are all as excited as I am about it being Friday.

I've got a Halloween party to go tomorrow night which should be EPIC.

It's been a great week so far too. The weather has been shit, but ever since FNM announced they will be coming to the States next year (April in San Fran! - unofficially, of course) I've been on top of the world.

Also, I had made a comment on a Faith No More blog. Then Mike Patton himself linked to that blog on his Facebook status, so the zillions of fans he has went to that blog and then click on my link and well...Thanks Mike Patton for increasing my blog visits by 200+ people! As if I couldn't love you more :)

My writing is coming along swimmingly as well. Yesterday marked the end of my "30 day challenge" and I'm proud to say that this whole getting up at 6AM to write will continue!

So far, while holding down a full-time job, I have managed to write 41,201 words in 29 days. I need to write another 40,000 in the next 30 days and my writing goal of 80,000 words (average length of a novel) will be completed just in time before I go to New Zealand.

In fact, today it's already at 47,282 words so I am confident I will reach my goal with time to spare. At least time to fix all the typos before I send it off to be edited.

Have a great weekend everyone!

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Really cute. Have fun at the Halloween Party.

Couture Carrie said...

Love this look, darling!
The shoes are especially fab (and timely)!

Enjoy your weekend!

xoxox,
CC

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Boo, I wish I had an epic party to attend! You do seem to have some killer costume ideas. Have a blast!

. said...

what cool shoes!! It matches your outfit perfectly!

MizzJ said...

Cool shoes and I don't usually like anythign with skulls on it!

Fashion Court said...

love those shoes!

congrats with the writing too! i'm always trying to break out of my writer's block, but it's too easy to use the writer's block as an excuse haha .. need to get back at it!

Melissa Blake said...

BEAUTIFUL shooooooes!!

ScholarlyArticles said...

Yay, I am so happy that the shoes look amazing on you! Thanks for leaving me nice feedback.
~Shanon
aka ScholarlyArticles

Anna Jane said...

Loving the shoes, they go so well with the rest of your outfit too :)

What is Reality Anyway? said...

oooh, so pretty!! i have to dress up for halloween! im glad you are too x

Alice said...

i am convinced that the F21 you have access to is wildly different than the ones down here. i always love your clothes, and i always want to stab myself when i go into F21. confusing.

Eyeliah said...

Those shoes are super cute! There are lots of custom vans and all stars at this new shoes store on granville, if they hd my band I might have got them...

Sylvie said...

I like those shoes!

Kelly-Ann Maddox said...

Amazing shoes. :) I love Halloween. I'm a Pagan so I celebrate Samhain too but it's not until Nov 16th this year (lunar cycle) which means plenty of frivolous Halloween fun for me :)

Good luck with the writing. Sounds like you're being very prolific.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the detail on the shoes
gorgeous as always darling
thanks for sharing the mad inspiration
love it, keep up the blog

-cma
visit my blog @
cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

GS said...

Have you been to the new forever 21 in metrotown? I heard it was an absolute gongshow opening day lol

Cupcake Blonde said...

I think those shoes would be perfect to wear to the FNM concert. Perfect Rock chic!! :)

Dane said...

Wow 6am to write, you are my hero. And those shoes! AMAZING.





www.trustme-itsparadise.blogspot.com`

Ashleigh said...

wow those shoes are AMAZING!!! going to check out her site now...
and halloween parties kick ass...man, sometimes I feel its better than xmas (if xmas didnt incl the fact that its pretty much the only time I get to see my whole HUGE family..haha)

xox

Anika said...

Ahh, I love these shoes. Thanks for sharing...will have to try and refrain from inundating her with requests for specific shoes!

And yay for more blog visits, right ;)

Have a fab week gorgeous girl

Lisa said...

Such cute shoes! I wish you all the best with your writing goals.

recruitment new Zealand said...

The shoes look so cool.

Furniture removal said...

I like you outfit especially the shoes. It looks great for Halloween party.

Anonymous said...

Hey Doll! Love the shoes! Can't wait to see you wear some metchup :)

xoxo
J

www.talkprettytome.blogspot.com

Sierra said...

Those shoes are amazing and even greater with your lovely outfit!

Jessi said...

One of my good friends would DIE for those shoes... she's all about Dia de los Muertos!

I am constantly impressed by your creative outfits, good grief...