Darkhouse on Goodreads
Red Fox on Goodreads
Dead Sky Morning on Goodreads
The Benson on Goodreads
Lying Season on Goodreads
On Demon Wings on Goodreads
Old Blood on Goodreads
Into the Hollow on Goodreads


Saturday, April 25, 2009

Inspired By: Johnny Cash

The (wo)Man in Black

Photobucket

Well, you wonder why I always dress in black,
Why you never see bright colors on my back,
And why does my appearance seem to have a somber tone.
Well, there's a reason for the things that I have on.

Photobucket

I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down,
Livin' in the hopeless, hungry side of town,
I wear it for the prisoner who has long paid for his crime,
But is there because he's a victim of the times.

Photobucket

I wear the black for those who never read,
Or listened to the words that Jesus said,
About the road to happiness through love and charity,
Why, you'd think He's talking straight to you and me.

Photobucket

Well, we're doin' mighty fine, I do suppose,
In our streak of lightnin' cars and fancy clothes,
But just so we're reminded of the ones who are held back,
Up front there ought 'a be a Man In Black.

Photobucket

I wear it for the sick and lonely old,
For the reckless ones whose bad trip left them cold,
I wear the black in mournin' for the lives that could have been,
Each week we lose a hundred fine young men.
And, I wear it for the thousands who have died,
Believen' that the Lord was on their side,
I wear it for another hundred thousand who have died,
Believen' that we all were on their side.

Photobucket

Well, there's things that never will be right I know,
And things need changin' everywhere you go,
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.
Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK,
But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black.

Photobucket
Shirt(under dress): Banana Republic; Halter lace dress: Forever 21; Boots, belt, dice necklace and earrings and wood ring: ASOS; Amber Bracelets from Estonia; Cape: Vintage

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've been an observer for awhile now, thought it's about time I waved hi. *waves*

I love your almost-daily outfit postings. :) You are beautiful, fashion-savvy and inspiringly sunny. Most other fashion blogs are all about have really expensive couture stuff or have super skinny chicks trying to be hipster in too many layers so I like that you're nothing like that. Thanks for continuing to post!

-Vee

Dane said...

The dress is super pretty! =)



www.trustme-itsparadise.blogspot.com

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

the belt is so amazing!! love the dress too :)

Sarah said...

Oh this dress is just gorgeous! Very Johnny Cash indeed. You should try a June Carter ensemble too : ) Almost everyone looks great in black, but you look especially great! Love it!

caroline said...

love the sixth photo, the jacket is fab! and Johnny Cash is just FANTASTIC!
xx

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Good song. Great belt.
P.S. I have ASOS b/c they're online. I'm still waiting for the day H&M goes online for the US!

Couture Carrie said...

Love your look and poem! Inspired!

xoxox,
CC

Odette said...

Love the dress! :)

I am still bummed that we didn't get to see each other when I was in town. I had mobility issues. Next time I am going to rent a car! But I'll see you in August at least! :)

Cupcake Blonde said...

You look bad ass! Except in that third to last pic where you look like you are getting away with something. :)

DaisyChain said...

Ohhh that cape! Divine.

Alice said...

oooh... so are you wearing a 3/4 sleeve shirt UNDER a sleeveless halter? that is freaking BRILLIANT. my mind doesn't even think to work like that. you are making me a better dresser ;-)

Shannon said...

I adore that Johnny Cash song.. well, actually, I adore Johnny Cash in general.

What is Reality Anyway? said...

no i havent been yet! i need to get my travel plans going more often! i know, i bet id love it. and by the way, Love this look on you! x

Wanderlusting said...

Anon (VEE) - thanks so much! I often feel very inferior clothes-wise because I do not have the model looks or body that most other fashion bloggers (or people in general) seem to have so it helps to know that I am not totally wrecking everything I wear :)

Alice - Believe me, I don't think outside the box when it comes to fashion - I was pushing the envelope with this one, normally I would never think to layer it like that (I am clueless at layering) :)