Darkhouse on Goodreads
Red Fox on Goodreads
Dead Sky Morning on Goodreads
The Benson on Goodreads
Lying Season on Goodreads
On Demon Wings on Goodreads
Old Blood on Goodreads
Into the Hollow on Goodreads


Thursday, September 01, 2011

30 Days of Blogging: Day 1






The best part of 30 days of blogging is the title - I don't have to come up with a witty title. Which is good. Because I never do.

Last night, as I anticipated this day, I wondered what on earth I was going to talk about for 30 days. My life is not very exciting (when I'm not hanging with Slayer jk). But seriously. It's not. All I do is write, read, listen to music.

Then I was kept awake by a seagull all night (and I mean all night, every night, for weeks) and I started fantasizing about ways to kill it. And I thought now THAT would make a good blog post.

I think I was a bit delusional though...now I'm more awake and decided a post like that is better left...to tomorrow.

Cuz today, I'm gonna talk about what JUST HAPPENED.

The ARCs (Advanced Review Copies) of my THIRD book - Dead Sky Morning - just arrived yesterday and I am absolutely thrilled with the way they turned out.

The cover looks gorgeous, I especially love the black and red together.



It's now in a semi-matte finish which works way better than the gloss previously.



I included some reviewer's words about the series at the front.



There's a MAP!




For those out of the loop, here is the backcover blurb for DSM: With the Experiment in Terror show finding some success, amateur ghost hunters Perry Palomino and Dex Foray embark on their most terrifying investigation yet. A tiny, fog-shrouded island in the rough strait between British Columbia and Washington State has held a dark secret for decades: It was a former leper colony where over forty souls were left to rot, die and bury each other. Now a functioning campground, Perry and Dex spend an isolated weekend there to investigate potential hauntings but as the duo quickly find out, there is more to fear on D’Arcy Island than just ghosts. The island quickly pits partner against partner, spiraling the pair into madness that serves to destroy their sanity, their relationship and their very lives.


Dead Sky Morning - Experiment in Terror #3 - is officially published on October 13th 2011.

Till then though, you can pick up the first book in the series, DARKHOUSE, for just $0.99 at KINDLE, NOOK, and SMASHWORDS.

And in case you're really out of the loop, here's a great summary of Darkhouse from one book reviewer:

“Dark­house turned out unlike any­thing I’d expected. It drew me in from page one, with its easy-to-relate to, flawed but love­able char­ac­ters, its fast pace, the unpre­dictable plot twists and its eerie, sur­real atmos­phere. If you’re search­ing for the scari­est book of this sea­son, then search no more. Dark­house is exactly what you’re look­ing for.” — I Heart Reading

Anyway, I'll try and not blabber about my books too much but honestly, I am an author and these books are a huge huge part of my life. But I'll keep it to a minimum.

Tomorrow...we kidnap a seagull. Now, can anyone lend me some chloroform??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck on the 30 day blog commitment. Should be fun to see what happens in a month's time.

Mummerina said...

GREATEST.BOOKS.EVER