Darkhouse on Goodreads
Red Fox on Goodreads
Dead Sky Morning on Goodreads
The Benson on Goodreads
Lying Season on Goodreads
On Demon Wings on Goodreads
Old Blood on Goodreads
Into the Hollow on Goodreads


Thursday, December 11, 2008

~~Sparkles * Sequins* on my Birthday~~

It's my birthday today.

For once I feel optimistic.


I put on my size medium Forever 21 dress (the one I was horrified to put on since it wasn't "small") and sucked it up. I wanted to look prety and grey roses would do that, regardless of the size.



I topped it off my gorgeous but neglected Dolce and Gabbana Tuxedo coat and my birthday present: Vegan leather "Japanese Paper" Magenta tote by Mat and Nat.

And sparkly things for my feet. If you can't wear sparkles, sequins, snakeskin and silver on your birthday, when can you?

I know I was super down/crazy/stressed the other day and I wanted you all to know I am doing better. I have major issues and anger problems and was tired of flying off the handle. I got so mad at my "tired" appearance the other day that I bit my compact and cracked the mirror which shattered in my mouth.

Yeaaaaah. New low.

So I've stopped to re-examine what has been setting me off lately and it has come down to money and appearance...two things that are easily fixable. The former is pretty much fixed because I was approved to re-finance my mortgage which means next week all of my credit card debt (plus some of my bf's debt) will be paid off in FULL. That's three cards ripped up and closed (with my low-interest, low limit one paid off as well but open for sporadic use). And I will have a tiny bit left over to go into a high-interest savings account for emergencies. Finally.

The latter will come along if I just keep getting up at 6AM (like I did today, even though it's my bday and I did give myself permission to sleep in if I wanted to) and jogging. I can only go for 15 minutes before I need a break but I'm slowly working my way up to a 1/2 hour run.

Also, my life is lacking stimulation, which I have started to fix by taking a cooking class (see later in post), signing up for a travel and food writing course in Feb and trying to more new and interesting things. Novelty is key right now. Passion is missing. I'm also going to take up yoga once a week at night and maybe a singing lesson or too. What a scary thing I find singing - I wish I liked the sound of my voice so I'm hoping that I can learn enough to not break my own eardrums. And so I can rule at Rock Band.

Finally, my tempermental, anxious, SPAZMATRON personality needs a reboot too. I have re-discovered Bach's Rescue Remedy Spray which has really been making me mellow out when things get rough. Sometimes, a little too well. And remembering to breathe can really helps too.


Sweater: Suzy Shier, Skull blouse: Max C, Belt: ASOS, Pencil skirt: F21, Boots: Aldo, Bag: Mat & Nat


Just LOVE my new bag!


Anyway, the cooking class, yes. Part of my stimulation plan. My boyfriend and I took a couples class last night and it was amazing. We learned how to make rack of lamb with mint salsa and crepes with apples, brandy and camembert.



I was in charge of making the crepes for the whole class and it was nerve-wracking being at the front, flipping the runny batter in a heavy cast iron pan and hoping for the best. But as scary as it was, I learned so much and felt so alive in doing so. Even better was getting to eat our efforts afterwards. Y-U-M! I'll post the recipes here next week.

So that's that.

OH WAIT. I knew there was something else!

The winners of the prizes (for your votes last post) are.....


Marta!!
and.... ALice! Two very lovely ladies! YAY! Please email me your contact info so I can get those out to you. As for my last mailout, Wisco you should have yours by now and Eleh, your earrings will be sent Monday -had to wait for them to arrive first!!

Hope you all have a great day like I am having so far (I gave my boss some rescue spray and she's calmed down a lot too, lol). Look for my next post, it's bound to give you some giggles and rekindle some nostalgia for the days gone by ;)

15 comments:

Marian said...

darling you look lovely in that outfit.HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear! hope you had a great one. love these images and adorable b-day pressie bag!
muah
marian

Odette said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again... HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope everything turns out alright (and I'm sure they will) I think that it's something that a lot of people are going through lately (me included) but the fact that you are being proactive about it shows that you'll be back to your regular self in no time! :) Enjoy today and tomorrow! xoxo

♥ Marta ♥ said...

You look stunning ... and I love those shoes :)

♥ Marta ♥ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

Siska said...

congratulations!a little bit too late but better than never :)

OhDearLeah said...

heyy, love your blog,
i see you do marketing,ive applied to do it at uni next year, just wondering wht you do on a day to day basis and stuff
thanks
leah
xxx

Farrell said...

Happy birthday; you look great:)

Cupcake Blonde said...

Happy Birthday! I love your birthday outfit, it made me smile. Because yes, you have the right to wear something sparkly on your birthday.

I think you recognizing what you need to change in your life is a huge first step and you are well on your way to complete contentment and happiness. :)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! loooooove the sparkly shoes!

PorkStar said...

Happy birthday... (belated)

Vain and Vapid said...

The birthday outfit looks absolutely lovely. Happy birthday!

Delicieux said...

Ohhh Happy Birthday!! I'm so sorry I missed it!! I've been so busy...

I hope it was awesome... and you look lovely, of course! :)

caroline said...

lovely photographs, and your outfits are very stylish and feminine! the silver shoes are amazing!
i hope you had the mos magical birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, love.
xx

surfercam said...

HAPPY!
BIRTHDAY!
(sorry it's a bit late)

Wanderlusting said...

Thanks everyone!! I can always count on my blog readers to make me feel special :)

Xlady - actually I got my Bachelor's degree in Journalism, didn't really have any marketing experience except for a few courses here and there and some communications and film school (film marketing). But since where I live, journalism seems kinda useless and I really don't like the reporter lifestyle, I thought marketing would be something I would like to try.

Well, I applied to job after job and they all turned me down because I didn't have "marketing experience" - you know, the ol' Catch-22.

Finally I found company to take a chance on me. It's in engineering which isn't the most ideal but it's interesting and stable and I plan on taking what I can get, gain the experience and use it as a stepping stone.

I feel silly sometimes, changing my career path and starting over (I'm just a marketing/Comm assistant) at my age but hell...gotta do what ya gotta do!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help - feel free to email me and I can explain more :)