Darkhouse on Goodreads
Red Fox on Goodreads
Dead Sky Morning on Goodreads
The Benson on Goodreads
Lying Season on Goodreads
On Demon Wings on Goodreads
Old Blood on Goodreads
Into the Hollow on Goodreads


Thursday, December 04, 2008

Day 4 - Mod and Miserable
















Ok, I am not really miserable but I have to say this Mod thing is killer. As in, killing me because it's such a hard look to put together! I don't really have anything "MOD" in my closet, which I found suprising considering how much I love retro looks and vintage clothes. The closest thing I had was a pop-art dress which didn't really cross my mind until I was already at work.

Anyway, I did the best I could with:

A Zara shift dress

Black noname knit mock turtleneck (HATE real turtlenecks on me)

Black opaque tights (a Mod must - especially since the dress is way too short me - or work - and which are also super cheap, as you can tell from the ill-fitting baggyness. I need new black cheap tights)

White double-breasted knit blazer from F21 (optical white too, also a Mod requirement)

And finally, my Marc Jacobs patent leather boots. I love these damn things but because I store them in a box, I always forget I have them. What a joy to put them on again!

(do note my makeup is also "Mod" though I just did the exact same thing I did for "Gamine")


You may also notice that my hair is different...

Yeah, I got my hair did yesterday and I am not sure how I feel about it.

Stressed from work, I brought a bottle of wine to the hairdressers - don't worry, she works out of her home. And whilst gossiping and drinking on an empty stomach, I somehow consented to her putting a toner on my hair and making it a shade darker and ashy. I admit I didn't like how brassy my hair was getting lately but I am a GOLDEN CHILD! I miss my goldy hair. Poo. Also, I'm not sure if it's because I haven't washed my hair yet, but do I detect strands of purple and pink in my hair? What is up with that?

Also, the cut was a bit shorter than I asked for - it always is, isn't.

Lesson is...don't get drunk and go to the hairdressers because you never know what you'll look like when you leave!

PS please help support BC Children's Hospital by reading the previous post (see below). Much Thanks!

15 comments:

PorkStar said...

MOD, hmm, this is the second time in my life that I hear that word.

Wanderlusting said...

I hear MOD (Maid of Honour) a lot more...

Vancouverista said...

I love this idea of creating your looks based on themes. I find I always gravitate towards the same kinds of clothes, so I don't know if I would even be able to dress outside my comfort zone! I'm going to try now though.

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

those MJ boots are killer!

surfercam said...

Killer hair!

T-bird said...

I love this look on you! I think this is the look you've done the best thus far... awesome hair too :-)

Odette said...

I really really like your hair! :)

Anonymous said...

hey there! thanks for dropping those lovely words on my blog!
haha, great to know that you were intrigued with the title as I remember spending hours drinking coffee and musing about the right name.. ;)

I also love your style challenge and more importantly now, your hair! this shade is so beautiful, I always love an ashy tone.
hm, maybe I´ll ask my hairdresser to do something simlilar with my hair..

enough of the rambling.
xx
isa

Rachel said...

You know what?? Your hair looks shit hot. Absolutely stunning! Also, you pulled the mod look off perfectly. Very stylish.

Rachel said...

just realised that looks like i was saying your hair is shit.. I definitely am not. Quite the opposite :)

Unknown said...

LOVE it!! those boots are fantastic!!

Ashleigh said...

you have GORGEOUS hair missie...and those boots...if you are a size 8 and get bored of them...haha...send my way...I am absolutely in love with them
and just to let you know..I appreciate the comments you leave on my blog....you are seriously awesome and so sweet .....
xox

Farrell said...

you hair looks great in that last pic!
I have my company christmas party tonight. If only you could be here to raid my closet and put together something for me!!

clw said...

I love the new hair cut and color! You look amazing!

♥ Marta ♥ said...

OMg ... those boots are HOT