Darkhouse on Goodreads
Red Fox on Goodreads
Dead Sky Morning on Goodreads
The Benson on Goodreads
Lying Season on Goodreads
On Demon Wings on Goodreads
Old Blood on Goodreads
Into the Hollow on Goodreads


Thursday, December 04, 2008

Day 3 - Bohemian Rhapsody















Today was Boho, which wasn't as hard as I had thought - there were a few outfit combinations that were calling my name. It IS a hard look though to bring to work but I think I managed...before leaving the apartment, I asked my boy if I looked like a hippie. "Yeah, kinda" was his response and was good enough for me.

Amethyst and rope necklace - Express (I think...I bought it in 2001 and this was a great excuse to wear it again)

Ring - awesome jewelry store in Barcelona

Shell earrings - from a kiosk in Auckland, NZ

Black Peasanty knit top - Mango

Brown cardigan coat - Charlotte Russe

Skirt - Blanco (Spanish chain, Madrid)

Boots - Vintage

Coat - Bebe (great Ebay find!)


In other news....I have a very special favour to ask all of you.

It's Christmas time, the time of thanks, a time of generousity and a time of compassion.

My boyfriend's talented band, The Saints Collapse (whom you hear streaming now on this blog - or I am trying to get to stream, grrr) has recorded a few Xmas songs with 100% of all proceeds going to the British Columbia Children's Hospital.

This is very dear to me because the BC Children's Hospital took excellent care of me during the first six years of my life - the hospital also took care of my Bf's dear sister when she had cancer (Lymphoma) at 11 years old. Thanks to the hospitals care and to generous donations from people like YOU, we are both the saucy young women we are today.

So please - go visit this website and donate. The donations are via Paypal and you may donate as much or as little as you like.

In return you will be able to download their Christmas songs - currently available is an amazing rock version of Carol of the Bells and a dreamy version of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. The band has done a wonderful job bringing this classic songs to a new light - and regardless of whether you enjoy rock or not - they are a great addition to the holiday season.

So please, donate, download and listen. Let's bring Xmas cheer into your home and into the hearts of BC's sick children!!!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Its just not right that you don't have snow..and there is still greenery showing. It is snowing like crazy in Denver today and its only about 12 degrees F. Ugh winter just isn't fair. Love the look though!

Wanderlusting said...

I wish it would snow! I just don't like driving in it...

Memphis said...

You are so pretty, and so sweet to raise money for that charity, I have to believe that one day you're going to be some sort of celebrity on my television screen. And if not, you should be.

Wanderlusting said...

Steve - awwwwww *sniff*