Darkhouse on Goodreads
Red Fox on Goodreads
Dead Sky Morning on Goodreads
The Benson on Goodreads
Lying Season on Goodreads
On Demon Wings on Goodreads
Old Blood on Goodreads
Into the Hollow on Goodreads


Thursday, December 18, 2008

I remember....


I had my birthday party last weekend and it was a lot of fun. My friends are the creative types so it's always interesting to have different groups mash together, you get a whole range of tastes and opinions. And of course, fashion sense...

My friend (and fellow blogger) Robyn and I looked quite smashing...



As did my boyfriend who was wearing a sweater I picked out for him...




We listened (begrudgingly) to the Goo Goo Dolls and Collective Soul




I put on this funky hat I saw on Blossom...




People were wearing the latest and coolest stuff












And though we still had our little cliques...










We got along great...










If you can't tell by now - or are starting to think my friends and I have the worst fashion sense EVER - I oughta tell you my party was a theme party.

And the theme was the 1990's.



How totally bodaciously awesome is that? I mean, what a "SCREAM!"

It was so much fun to either rip through your high school clothes (or your mom's current active wardrobe) or Value Village and seek out those nostalgic treasures from your youth.

For me, I went through many stages in the nineties. But I definitely remember having an affinity for tappered purple Guess jeans with zippers at the bottom (sadly coming back in style), Club Monaco sweatshirts and t-shirts (this was when Club Monaco was just a Canadian brand and had just started up), Flannel shorts, Converse high tops, Doc Martins (boots and shoes!), Anything Angela Chase would have worn on "My So-Called Life" (or her friend Rhianne, for that matter), Velvet chokers, Wallet chains, Bodysuits, Denim shirts, Leggings, The Rachel Haircut, Plaid, Cargo pants and babydoll tees, Slip dresses (anything Jewel would have worn), Overalls!...oh man, the list goes on!

And the makeup - MY GOODNESS, THE MAKEUP - What fun it was to create Matte eyes with tawny eyeshadow, sculpted cheeks with brown blush, darken my brows in Drew Barrymore tadpole style and fill my lips in with MAC lipliner in Spice (topped with powder for that EXTRA Matte look!

It was sooooo 1995.

What do you remember most about the 90's? Is there anything that you still wear today (for example, I'm totally wearing Doc Martins again!)?



Photo by Jesse Winter Heading. Jean Shirt by DKNY Jeans. Polyester Floral print dress by Jacob. Tights by H&M. Boots by Doc Martin. Cloche hat by Forever 21. Flower from the 90's

7 comments:

Essentially Me said...

Omigosh, I used to wear my make-up EXACTLY how you described applying it!

caroline said...

it looks like you had a lot of fun! and i LOVE your red tights, it's lovely!
xx

Anthea said...

hahah I remember doc martins. I have been looking for a second hand pair but no luck yet! I don't know what I would do with myself if Betsey teamed up with H & M. Omg I would die !!!!! Thanks for your comments :)

Unknown said...

I was thinkin totally 80's.. But I guess the 90's fit also...

Doc's I love my 2 pairs. One pair I've had since 1992!

Marian said...

darling happy belated birthday.the party looks like it was a total ball! i thouhgt it was a themed party from the second shot ;o)
love everyones outfits.you darling are beautiful!im nostalgic for the nineties now ;o)
muah!
Marian

Cupcake Blonde said...

What fun for a party!!! The outfits certainly brought me back. Some memories and styles I wish I could forget...(four pairs of socks over rolled jeans any one? I have evidence of myself sporting this look in 1991 sad to say.)

Traveliia - Plan your next trip said...

Good article..

Visit Lets-Meetup.com .. Dating for Single Professionals..

Lets-meetup.com is a new social networking/professional networking/online dating site designed for busy local professionals.

www.Lets-Meetup.com