Darkhouse on Goodreads
Red Fox on Goodreads
Dead Sky Morning on Goodreads
The Benson on Goodreads
Lying Season on Goodreads
On Demon Wings on Goodreads
Old Blood on Goodreads
Into the Hollow on Goodreads


Monday, October 29, 2007

Do you know who reads your blog?


I thought I did. Until I got an email from Inside Edition.

Seems they were doing some research on David Copperfield and that whole lotta mess he's in and somehow stumbled across my little old blog post I made back in January.

They rang me up and I gave a quick interview over the phone, basically going over what I wrote in my blog (and jogging the memory a bit since it has been awhile since the event).

Then, deciding I was "newsworthy" enough, they told me that they were flying up their reporter/producer Daela up from LA tomorrow to film an interview with me.

I'm sorry....what?

Yeah. Exactly. What? Flying up a reporter to come and film me? Little ol' me? Me who just happened to have a pretty interesting experience at a Copperfield show and who then blogged about it (as I do with everything) is worth all this fuss?

Apparently so. Daela came up from LA to do the interview and I was a pile of nerves and wondering what the hell happened to my life so suddenly to warrant a camera crew following me down the street. It was pretty surreal, almost like the time I was on stage with Jessica Simpson as her lookalike!

Anyhoo, I'm not going to go into too much detail at this moment because I know Inside Edition is probably reading this (hi guys!) and it wouldn't be fair to disclose too much of my experience until the show actually airs (might be this Friday, but I will let you fellow readers know so keep watching this space). Also, my blog is going to be featured ON the program so I want to make sure my posts are, uh, well...kosher.

Funny how life works out. One minute you are unemployed and uninspired and the next you have cheques coming in the mail and you're gonna be on International TV!

Who ever said blogging didn't pay off?? :P

20 comments:

Eileen Dover said...

I'm so impressed! I can say "I knew you when you were a muffin-fetcher"...

;)

Dan said...

So I get dooced for my blog; you get famous (albeit after I point out your typos). Too late to include me in your utterings? Meh. I'm probably not pretty enough anyway to be on.

WiscoBlonde said...

Oh my god! Now I understand your Facebook status! That's so awesome! Congrats!

Indiana said...

WooHoo I know a famous blogger...fame by association.

And I agree with wiscoblonde, FB is made clear.

Ozymandias said...

Awesome...thats great news..so blogging does pay off..well, this might just turn out to be that radical turn you need in your career, and I do predict that its going to lead to other greater things...now, I know a famous blogger..when is it gonna air on TV..hope you gave your viewers some of that charming smile in your pics..lol..cheers !!

Roam2Rome said...

Wow!! How exciting!!

Yup, I must admit that our blogs bring us exciting conversations and opportunities :) Gotta love it!

M said...

oh my god you are awesome!

Farrell said...

holy shit!
That is too freakin' cool!

Sipwine said...

I'm deleting my Dalai Lama posts now.

Thank you for the heads up!!

Dahna said...

Awesome! I have been totally neglecting my blog lately. I should get back in to the poor sad thing! Once again, you have inspired me!

Meg said...

Wow, and here I was getting exciting about this GST cheque that came in the mail today....

Well done!

So are you going to make sure that Inside Edition gets on Youtube so you can host it on your blog?

Tawcan said...

Wow that's pretty cool. So since I link and visit your blog, does that make me famous too?

The Stormin Mormon said...

Holy frickin CRAP!!!!

Tsawwassen is now totally famous. I'll have to tune into IE...

amanda jane said...

MERIDIAN!!!...... remember?!?!?!

Don't forget me when you become big and famous.....

FUN!!

amanda jane said...

...notice I figured it out... keep signing up... get a new password!!

WiscoBlonde said...

It's funny that this happened to you....I just got contacted by an author who wants me to review a copy of her book and write about it on my blog....I guess a teeny bit of notoriety is happening on my part too!

Susanne said...

Congrats! How exciting. :)

Alain Saffel said...

That's a great story. I had missed that blog post. I'll have to watch out for Inside Edition. Hmmm. What network is it on??

My brushes with fame kind of pale in comparison I guess. I did meet Finger 11 a week and a half ago. My blog post about it caught the attention of the MTV blog.

Other brushes with fame: I saw Rick Hansen walking down the street in Vancouver. I later add that he was using crutches. I saw Jack Black walk by on Robson St one night while I was in a Starbucks.

Oh, and this is an old one, I saw Luba. 80s Cdn star. She always wore white gloves apparently.

The coolest one was getting the autographs of Bobby Hull and Gordie Howe when I was a kid. It was at a Montreal Canadiens game against the Hartford Whalers. Some guy handed Gordie a cigarette pack to sign and he refused to sign it, saying "sorry, I don't believe in smoking." :)

Cupcake Blonde said...

Wow! How impressive. The only other famous blogger I have heard of is Dooce who has been on Tv and in newspapers etc. due to her blog, but this takes that to a new level. How cool. Too bad I missed the episode. Will it be on YouTube and will you post it here for any of us who didn't read this until it was too late?

My station has been all over the Copperfield thing since the raid happened here in Vegas. We were actually the first on the scene at the warehouse! And yesterday we got the creepy voicemail message he left on some girl's machine. I do believe Mr. Copperfield may be a bit shady in all of this.

Eileen Dover said...

Lookie!

http://insideedition.com/ourstories/inside_stories/story.aspx?storyid=1034