Darkhouse on Goodreads
Red Fox on Goodreads
Dead Sky Morning on Goodreads
The Benson on Goodreads
Lying Season on Goodreads
On Demon Wings on Goodreads
Old Blood on Goodreads
Into the Hollow on Goodreads


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tallin, Estonia

You know...I was going to stick with logic order and make my next post about Day Two of Ilosaarirock but that required too much time and time is something I am running out these days... especially this week and especially when it comes to writing.

So, I'm doing a photo-based post until this week is over.... and then I can tell you all about my musical adventures this week which borders on insanity + taking on too much at once.

Tallin, Estonia is a your typical post-soviet city but with a lovely, Russian-influenced ancient medieval village in its castle-guarded center. I've been there before back in 2005 and couldn't wait to jump on the fast "booze cruise" ferry across the Baltic Sea to go exploring it again. The weather was hot as stink until it was time to catch my ferry, when the heavens opened up and I was drenched in a tropical-like rainstorm. Still fun though.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hot Nuts?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Soaked to the bone, overlooking the stormy Baltic

9 comments:

Annie Spandex said...

Looks like a blast! And I love your tribal dress :)

Unknown said...

OMG, I was in Estonia in 2005 and it's amazing how many of the same pictures you and I have. I haven't thought about Tallinn in a long time, but this was a nice reminder!

Kevin Merrill said...

I'm so jealous of all your travels. I do so wish that I could be in a position in life that allowed for a lot of travel.

Anonymous said...

So glad you had fun and as Estonian I just wanted to say that Tallinn is with two N-s!

Kaisa

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous photos, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Reckless said...

I stumbled upon your blog through a friend following you. Your pictures of Estonia were lovely! My husband's mother was born there, and although she can still speak Estonian, she has not been back since she was a child. I enjoyed seeing pictures of her homeland. they make me want to visit someday.

Cupcake Blonde said...

I love quaint little towns like that. It is so fun exploring because there seems to be history and cool things in every nook and cranny. :)

That dress you are wearing is adorable.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm so happy that you got to do this! And you look amazing!

@Dayngr said...

Fantastic photos. A visit to your blog is like a vacation (and I sure do need one)!