Darkhouse on Goodreads
Red Fox on Goodreads
Dead Sky Morning on Goodreads
The Benson on Goodreads
Lying Season on Goodreads
On Demon Wings on Goodreads
Old Blood on Goodreads
Into the Hollow on Goodreads


Friday, September 03, 2010

Hello Seattle - I'm listening

I'm off to cover the Bumbershoot festival in Seattle tomorrow. Yep. Kind of a big deal... considering I have to do it all by myself and there is a shitload of good bands to see. Hopefully I'll have some interviews lined up as well.

It's three days of Labour Day Weekend mayhem located in the city's Seattle Center downtown, near McCall Hall (where I saw Conan O'Brien's RAD show CLICKY CLICK HERE), Space Needle, Key Arena, etc.

I'm planning on catching these bands:
Bob Dylan (cuz, why not)
Weezer
Hole
Bouncing Souls
Meat Puppets
The Decemberists
Edward Sharpe and the Magentic Zeroes
The Decemberists
Crash Kings
Mary J Blige
and a bunch of others I've never heard of

and catching up with Baroness, of course.

Anyway, follow me @Wanderlustingkh and @Coslive for my live tweets and reports! And I'll be sure to be blogging when I can :) even about... FASHION *gasp*


In the meantime, here are some pictures of the last time I was in Seattle - the day after I arrived off the plane from Finland. Pardon me if I look jetlagged.

It was a hot weekend, I was happy to be reunited with my sweetie and we went to Sunday's show of the Capital Hill Block Party where we caught The Dead Weather playing. They were quite good live - I'm really digging Sea of Cowards for reasons I don't know - but the setting, a literal BLOCK PARTY, was a bit awkward. The view of the stage wasn't very good - unless you were up on a roof OR climbed up a telephone pole like one dude did :P

Photobucket
View from our Post Alley Irish Bar

Photobucket
Ah, Magners Cider... still had the cider bug I caught in Finland :P

Photobucket

Photobucket
Dress: Mango; Purse: Vintage from Finland; Shoes: Union Bay

Photobucket
This band was just featured on www.consequenceofsound.com !

Photobucket
Back of the stage - The Dead Weather.. literally a party on a sectioned off block

Photobucket
Front of the stage - Allison Mosshart

Photobucket
Views from bar rooftops...

Photobucket
...and from telephone poles

Photobucket
Reunited and it feels so good

Photobucket
Lolz. Bomb the music industry. Oh, Seattle.

4 comments:

kixy stabbs said...

lulz - nice frasier reference! also - I AM SAYING YES TO THE DRESS! ok, i tried for another tv ref. sigh. lol.

Megan said...

I love cider. Magners is so damn good. I could use some of that. It's been a while.

Oh yeah, nice pics :).

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Awww...sounds like you guys had an amazing day!! I wish I could go to see Conan's show! xoxooxoxo

Annie @ Wiloh said...

When I saw the Meatpuppets last year I felt 14 again! It was really great.. Have fun!!