Darkhouse on Goodreads
Red Fox on Goodreads
Dead Sky Morning on Goodreads
The Benson on Goodreads
Lying Season on Goodreads
On Demon Wings on Goodreads
Old Blood on Goodreads
Into the Hollow on Goodreads


Friday, January 05, 2007

She's baaaack


Well, barely. I'm currently coping with a surprisingly mild case of Jetlag (I say this now but just wait) and the fact that it is snowing outside. Not happy white flakes but slushy, Vancouver crap. Would have been fine and dandy had this happened over Xmas, but noooooo. Happy New Year, here is some shit snow!

Anyhoo, I feel moderately bad about not updating this blog, but now that I have returned to my sedentary life, I fear I won't have much else to do. Except excercise and diet my heart out (I brought 10 pounds back with me as a souvenir, as expected), do my schoolwork and keep to my resolutions. I normally don't make resolutions since they all end up being a load of crap anyway, but this time I thought I should make some "2007 Goals." (That should read as goals for 2007 and not that I've made 2007 goals for myself, because, let's face it, that's a bit extreme).

I know you are all dying to hear about how I fucked up another one of my trips but I'm afraid I just may dissapoint you. Not a single thing went wrong (well except for one thing, but it wasn't my fault...ha ha, Ross), but that doesn't mean I don't have a shitload of pictures to show (almost filled up my 1GB memory card), tales to share, shopping conquests to brag about and ....yeah, that's about it.

So over the next week or so expect lots of wee and large posts about my adventures abroad (no Ross, it's not a copyright infringement)...I can't promise any of them will be worth a glance but fuck it, take a peek anyway.



From the beginning....

14 comments:

Kass said...

My bitch! Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun and can't wait to hear about your escapades!

I have a strange feeling that, when all is said and done, it will turn out that the only reason you didn't get into any major scrapes is because you weren't alone.

Wanderlusting said...

Kass- Thanks! Although the weather aint very welcoming.

Charm - It's possible...although thanks to my scarily acute sense of direction I think I prevented Ross from getting into any major scrapes. I may be absentminded and illogical but I can find my way around a strange Parisian neighbourhood at night without hesitation. It's a strange gift that you'll hear more about.

But yeah, aside from that, I probably avoided trouble by always handing my passport/tickets/etc to Ross. Although one thing I did hand off to him, he did end up losing.....

Anonymous said...

Paris? Mon dieu, I am beyond envious. I hope you adjust well back to regular, eiffel tower-less life.

Indiana said...

Glad you survived and glad you are back with tales of adventure to astound and delight.

Unknown said...

lovely pic... Ah school, snow and not wanting to be in Vancouver - we've got 3 things in common at the same moment.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the fact that you travelled with someone prevented you from losing things, but dont let that turn you off from travelling alone in the future!

I wish I had the courage to go by myself like you have done. Absentminded-ness or not I would be proud of myself for being so independent. Keep up the good work! I bet a few lost items is worth the solo experience. I don't know many women who just pack it up and go off by themselves, so you should feel fortunate to be one of them.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you got home safe (!) and look forward to reading about your adventures en Europe.

Anonymous said...

bienvenue! can't wait to hear/read about your adventures...

...ikea and seattle await our visit...

Steph said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I look forward to reading about your adventures.

Cupcake Blonde said...

Glad to have you back and can't wait for the tales and pics!

I am sad I don't have a horrible trip experience to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

I better see more of u now Bcuz-I fought the school&I won! I will now continue my studies at the van campus across the street from Burrard Stn. Im doing night classes instead-well actually they only had night classes in Vancouver which is better than the Surrey freeks! I don't know, but if it's close to your place we can hang out more now! Yay!(Its on Melville&Burrard.)

Parisbreakfasts said...

When do the stories begin???
So vat did you do New Year's Eve?

Anonymous said...

But what about Aberdeen???? the greyest place on earth! :o)

your other blog metions it... tell us more..