The Rules: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The game rules are posted at the beginning of the post. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment to let them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
The bastard that tagged me was Mitch. BASTARD! I have actually done this little questionnaire thing before and for the life of me I can’t really remember what I said. I can only hope I don’t repeat myself, and going with that, can only hope there are enough random things about myself.
Who am I kidding, though?
1. I HATE it when I go to a restaurant and someone orders the same thing as me. Can’t freaking stand it. Everyone thinks it’s weird and maybe it is weird, but I don’t know. I mean, imagine going to a nice place where the menu looks great and there is so much variety and you can’t figure out what to choose. And finally you settle on something and EVERYONE else orders the same thing. Where is the fun in that? I need variety, we can’t all have chicken quesadillas! I wanna see what the butternut squash looks like, what the halibut looks like (and by “see,” I mean “eat”).
2. I pick off my mascara during the day. I don’t know why, but I do know that I’ll have a full-face of makeup on in the morning and by the end of the day, my eyelashes are bare. Maybe it’s a nervous habit, but it does leave a lot of yucky mascara under my fingernails. Which leads me to…
3. My fingernails. They are quite a mess. As someone who takes a lot of pride in their appearance and who makes sure to take good care of every part of their body, my fingernails are shocking. Chipped polish, mascara under them, hangnails chewed off. Yeah. Ew. I don’t know, I just can’t be bothered to do anything with them.
4. I like to pretend my life is a movie, especially when music is playing. Just sit on a bus, listen to “Teardrop” by Massive Attack on your Ipod and you’ll see what I mean. Suddenly the most mundane thing is dramatic and brimming with meaning.
5. I sucked my thumb until I was ten years old. I quit cold turkey because I got impetigo, which is some weird chicken poxy kinda thing. It was disgusting and I obviously caught it because I sucked my thumb… and horseback rode a lot.
6. Speaking of horseback riding, I think I had mentioned before that I had a horse for about a year and that she hated my guts. Well, I never mentioned the most “difficult” thing I’ve had to do with a horse before. If that sounds suggestive, well, it kinda is. I’ve had to clean a gelding’s sheath a few times. It’s not fun. It basically comprises of putting on gloves, sticking your hand way up… it’s…well, sheath…. and pulling out all sorts of goodies (see a horse will often have it’s little general hanging out after it goes to the washroom, or just for fun, and during this state, sometimes it lies down on the ground. And when that happens…um, things can…stick?) Anyhoo, I’ve found gum wrappers, apple cores and wood chips. No wonder the horses look so uncomfortable sometimes.
7. I was born with club feet which meant for the first six years of my wee life I had to have two casts on my feet from toe to knee, 24/7, 365 days a year. It felt normal to me because I was born into it and didn’t know any better, but I do have not too fond memories of being in the Children’s Hospital for very, very long periods of time for many years. Now I can walk fine and run and do whatever the hell, although my heels hurt if I stand for long periods of time (one of the reasons I was never able to become a flight attendant), I have scars on my ankles which are the bane of my existence and the biggest thing affecting my life (and always has been), and my gait is affected by the fact that I have loose hips (hee hee) and short, tight hamstrings. But whatever, I can’t change any of it, all I can do is try and make peace with it (and I’ll let you know when I have).
8. When I was 13, I told everyone that Sam Neill was my neighbour and I threw up on his shoes. Don’t ask.
All righty, it’s the long weekend, BC Day, which generally means going camping and drinking Kokenee and a hell of a lot of weed but I am taking the classy route for once and I’m off to Whistler for one night with the Rockstar – Pan Pacific Hotel baby! Hopefully, this trip won’t turn out like last year’s trip with the ex… as funny/unfortunate as it was.
Oh fuck and I have to tag people too. Arg. OK, I tag…NO ONE! Ha, you are all off the hook.
Except for Memphis Steve and Peter DeWolf, because I love them/love to torment them. And Adjil and Kass though I don't like to torment them. HA!