Darkhouse on Goodreads
Red Fox on Goodreads
Dead Sky Morning on Goodreads
The Benson on Goodreads
Lying Season on Goodreads
On Demon Wings on Goodreads
Old Blood on Goodreads
Into the Hollow on Goodreads


Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Travel Tuesdays - Piha Beach, New Zealand

Despite having been to New Zealand twice and having lived in Auckland for over a year, it took my third trip to finally visit Piha Beach.

This famed beach is known for its black (and hot) sand and rough, surfing waves (hence the popular reality show Piha Rescue). It's not a swimmer's beach, that's for sure (never mind the freezing water) but we had a great time just lounging on the sand (once again, that's very HOT sand). I wore my vintage dress which was perfect for that lush and wild setting.

I think the best part of the trip was that we got lost going there and coming back, despite it being touted as an easy-day trip from Auckland. Even funnier was the driver (I'm not naming names) has lived in Auckland her whole life, haha!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh man it looks SO pretty! Definitely jealous. I don't remember the last time I was at a beach!

Panty Buns said...

There have been times in my life when I've said "Wish you were her. Viewing the beauty in the photos in this post I found myself thinking: "Wish I was there". With so much splendor and loveliness It's hard to decide which is the loveliest subject in all of the photos, but I'm tempted to say it's you and your friends.

Cupcake Blonde said...

WOw! Gorgeous! I would love to go there some day. But the sand didn't look too black. I've never seen black sand. I was expecting very very dark sand. :)

Eyeliah said...

okay, that looks like heaven!

No said...

oh my. i want to be where you are.

Fashion Court said...

those are such great pictures! that beach looks beautiful - especially compared to the jersey shore (aka..YUCK! lol)

Mummerina said...

i love NZ beach's

almost as good as Oz
=)

daisychain said...

your right, that dress was the perfect choice! x

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous photos, darling!
Love your dress!

I would adore a trip to NZ...

xoxox,
CC

P.S. Let me check on that contest - I think it's worldwide!

almost famous kiwi said...

I only got 'lost' so that you would all enjoy the experience more...haha yeah right, I totally got lost! Good old Piha, still scares the shit out of me. Claimed another life last week. My advice to people visiting Piha: enjoy from the sand. Those waters are ferocious.

gempavia said...

you're choices were great..i love your taste in sandals, bags and dresses...wow!...

gempavia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.